Thursday, November 4, 2010

Kye Allums: first transgender drafted for NCAA Hoops

Kye Allums, the first openly transgender person to play in NCAA Basketball is gearing up to play for George Washington University's women's basketball team as a junior, despite being born a female.

According to Yahoo News:
Allums said in a press release, "I told my teammates first, and they, including my coaches, have supported me. My teammates have embraced me as the big brother of the team. They have been my family and I love them all."
Allums is a 5' 11" junior from Minnesota who started 20 of 26 games last year for the Colonials as a guard. He averaged 7.4 points per game and 4.6 rebounds, according to the Colonials' athletic website.

For more of the news, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

ShareThis Emergency Supplies